Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Pursued

"And they heard the sound of the Lord God in walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.  But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, 'Where are you?'"
-Genesis 3:8-9

"The Lord God said to the serpent...'I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.'"
-Genesis 3:14-15

"And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, 'Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God."
Revelation 12:10


Early in the morning, my alarm rings.
I hit the snooze a few times, then pick up my phone to read from The Book of Common Prayer groggily.
The theme, the line, the heart of God throbbing in the (randomly?) selected readings opens wide the eyes of my mind and heart.
I am stirred.
"Where are you?"
God never stops looking for me.
"He shall bruise his head."
Jesus-the One who came to defeat death and Satan brings life to my soul.
"The accuser of our brothers has been thrown down."
One day, the evil that touches my life will be no more.
The Lord, the Lord,
Strong in battle, My Deliverer, "The authority of his Christ has come,"
His grand story of chasing after those he loves is before me in these verses.
My story.
He will never stop pursuing me or fighting for me.
I smile in the morning darkness.
My heart sings.

No comments:

Post a Comment