Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 29: What's Next?

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course. I have kept the faith."
-2 Timothy 4:7

In a few short days, my 31 day series on my spiritual journey will be over.

Unlike, Paul, I have not arrived at my destination.  I am still fighting, I am still running the course, and I am still struggling to stay faithful every day.

What strikes me the most about this is that the spiritual life is an ongoing process.  And like a fight and a race, it's a messy, hard, endurance-building process.  Sometimes I will take two steps backwards after one step forward.

But like Paul, at the end of my life I want to be able to say that I kept my faith.

So what's next in my journey?  In November, I'm planning on reading through One Thousand Gifts and starting my own list of gifts, posting it on my other blog by the end of the year.  I'll be updating this blog hopefully at least once a week, but I can't make any promises with the craziness of the holidays coming.

Thank you, readers, for sticking with me through this challenge.  I hope in some ways my imperfect journey has encouraged you and inspired you to pursue God.  He may meet you in unexpected, but always sweet ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment