Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Day 27: Life

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
-John 10:10


In these final days of posting thoughts along the way in my spiritual journey, I'll be reflecting on what the Lord has been teaching me through this time of writing.  These posts may be a bit convoluted and shorter, because not only am I blogging here, but I also am finishing up a paper on the legal and social issues involving child advocacy for my online class.  I've got 2-4 more pages to go based on how much more I want to talk about.

So.  Much. Writing.  My carpal tunnel has me cursing my hands by the end of the day.  I really need to go buy those splints my doctor told me about last year!

Anyway, writing here every day has been great at helping me stay more in tune with the daily ways God is speaking to me.  I would often wake up in the morning and be worried about what I was going to type here, only to be surprised by something I read or experienced and thought, "Oh!  I can blog about that!"

Seeing the ways He has been faithful to speak this past month has reminded me of the fullness of life that He gives, if we are willing to listen.

And for me, listening often involves a quiet space and writing.  This can be hard to get consistently with two little ones, but I want to be more conscious of my need for connecting with God in this way.

Do you have ways you connect with the Source of Life that you've neglected for a season?  Whether it's through music, writing, dance or just sitting quietly with a cup of coffee and staring out the window, why not take back that precious time the thief would like to destroy?

In it, you may discover the life Jesus has already been offering to you when you are willing to slow down and listen.  I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment