Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 26: Drink

"On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”   By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified."
-John 7:37-39


Some days my life just feels dry,
Everything I touch turns to dust.
I walk through a desert in my heart.
I feel confused,
How is Jesus working in my life?
Then I read the Scriptures and I see Him crying out,
Crying out in the midst of a festival,
In chaos, confusion, arguments,
And He shouts,
"Come to me and drink."
It's a simple invitation.
In the Scriptures people continue to argue about who He is,
But I'm done with that.
I just want to come.
I want to drink from the fountain of life,
And know that as I kneel there,
The river of life He gives to me,
will flow out to all around me,
And because of Him there will be springs in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment