Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 10: Hospitality

"Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."
-Romans 12:13

Today my parents, grandmother and aunt are coming for a visit and tomorrow we are having some friends over for dessert and games. 

If you're anything like me and the Hubs, this can cause a frenzy of cleaning, organizing and "why-don't-I-maintain-this-level-of-cleanliness" condemnation in our minds.  Never mind that Hubs has had a busy work week, a wedding video to edit, we live with two small children and we dealt with a bout of sickness this week in our household.  I'm not ashamed to say that our kids watched TV for most of the morning so we could make the house a bit more presentable.  I'm also happy that Hubs and I were able to acknowledge the perfectionist and condemning thoughts we both were feeling about what we haven't done around the house.  We both agreed today to do our best to have it be a welcoming place without being accusing or going nuts at each other.

All of this reminded me of a post I wrote a while back on hospitality, so I thought I'd share it here today.  I'm glad the Lord is continuing to remind me of the lesson present in that post-things don't have to be perfect to be welcoming.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment