Saturday, February 2, 2013

Iron Sharpens Iron

"When faith is in its fullest operation, it pictures a future with a God who is so powerful and so loving and so satisfying that this future-picturing faith experiences assurance.  Now."
-John Piper, Future Grace: The Purifying Power of the Promises of God

I have exciting news:  I just finished reading the intro to the new edition of Future Grace...and so did my sister!  We are planning on reading a chapter a week together and then blogging about them.  We will be posting every week.  You can check out her blog here.  I have to say, I think she is a WAY better writer than I am (I mean, she can rock poetry...I don't have the guts for that!)

This idea sprung out of us buying the book for each other for Christmas.  We had a good laugh about that (we are twins, after all!).  Then we started talking about how good it would be for us to read the book together and Casey suggested blogging about it.  She said we would have different perspectives since we are in such different life stages (me a married SAHM with two kids living in a small town, she a single lady interning with a 24/7 prayer ministry in the big city).  As she said that, I was immediately envious of her ability to be able to sleep past 8 a.m and not have to drive 45 minutes to get to the mall....but I digress.

I am so thankful for Casey, not only as a "womb-mate" (ha...I don't think I'm the first person who's ever coined that phrase, but I still find it really funny) in the physical sense but for our sisterhood in a spiritual sense.  She by example, encouragement and her own book recommendations has always "spurred me on towards love and good deeds" (Hebrews 10:24).  I'm really looking forward to doing this series with her and once again reading a book that encourages my faith by reminding me of our great God and His promises for us.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this book. It is one that I keep close at hand and will look forward to following your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete