Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Merry Christmas!

"Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: 'God is not dead nor doth He sleep; the wrong shall fail, the right prevail of peace on earth, good will to men."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"

Author's note:  Most of you already know this, but I had a beautiful, healthy 8 lb. 2 oz. baby boy on November 20th!  That being said, I will be taking a break from blogging probably until February at least.  Between the holidays, nursing and adjusting to caring for two children, I fear that any musings I attempt to write would be nonsensical at best!  

Christmas is my favorite time of year.  I pretty much forced Hubs to watch Elf with me this weekend (I don't think I twisted his arm too hard though...there were cookies and hot chocolate involved!)  He looked at me and my giddy smile and said, "You really love this time of year, don't you?"

I really do!  Christmas is such a wonderful time of year for me.  I love all the reminders of Christ's birth, the hope of His second coming and time with family and friends  I know with a newborn, this year will look different.  We don't even have a tree up yet, and I'm OK with the fact that it might not happen this year.  My goals this year is to be able to make it back to our hometown for Christmas and come back home in a relatively sane state of mind and body and make sure I read the story of Christ's birth to my two year old!

So in order to preserve said sanity and catch a nap before the man child wakes up to nurse again (he likes to eat), I leave you with our Christmas She Says podcast.  I had so much fun talking with my friends about different Christmas memories, our favorite carols (mine is the one quoted above) and how we remember Christ during this busy season.

I hope you all enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment