Friday, June 1, 2012

Library Picks...and a big announcement!

It's been a few weeks, hasn't it?  I have not been neglecting to blog intentionally.  It's just that I have other, more pressing needs: eating every two hours, trying not to gag when I open the garbage can, napping in the afternoon after not sleeping at night and trying to find pants that fit around my middle.

Most of you already know this, but I thought I'd announce it anyways:  I'm pregnant!  I am 14 weeks and hoping that the first trimester symptoms go away soon.  I'm already in maternity pants (much to my annoyance) but when else in my life and I going to have an excuse to eat all the time?  In fact, I'm boiling some eggs right now....

Anyway,  I think we've got some repeats on our Library picks this week.  I am working on an anthology of novels by Agatha Christie, so I just got my daughter some books this week.  Here's the list:

The Okay Book by Todd Parr.  We've checked this out twice already!  I think she likes the colorful illustrations and familiarity of the book.  It's about different things you can do and different characteristics that are "OK" to do or be.  She can quote some of the pages.  My favorite line from the book:  "It's OK to eat all of the frosting off your birthday cake."  Psh...you don't have to tell me twice.

Words:  Lift a Flap.  There's no author listed for this one, but it advertises "Over 45 flaps!"  It has different pages where you can do rhyming words (i.e. "cat rhymes with hat"), counting and guessing objects.  We've checked this one out once before too.  I like it because it can keep my daughter occupied for at least 2 minutes!

Goodbye Diapers! by Patricia Geis.  That's right...I'm crazy enough to try potty training at this point.  My daughter is interested in the potty and enjoyed The Great Big Potty Book we checked out last week.   Hubs, not so much...he thought the idea of different animals sitting on the potty was pretty gross!
  I bought some Princess Pull-ups with the little one this morning.  I may give this whole potty thing a whirl next week, but I'm not holding on to the process too tightly.  She's still pretty young, but I want to take advantage of her interest...especially before the new baby comes!

I hope you all have a great weekend that includes reading at least one good book.  I think Hubs is ready for me to be done with all of these Agatha Christie novels...it's hard to rip myself away!  On that note, I'm off to enjoy one (or two) boiled eggs and another chapter before the little one wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment