Friday, June 22, 2012

This Weekend's Musing and a Housekeeping Note

"...I wonder if Mother Nature has a point. We’re ready to have children biologically far sooner than we are socially, emotionally and practically. Personally, I think society would be much better off if we started stressing the benefits of marriage and family far earlier, and started raising teens to take on responsibility at a far younger age, instead of encouraging teens and twenty-somethings to launch a fifteen year quest to “find yourself”. Sure it’s great to have fun and be responsibility-free at 26, but if you have kids younger, you’ll be younger when they leave home, too. And at 46, you have a whole lot more money to have fun with."
"A Spry Grandma", Sheila Wray Gregoire

A housekeeping note:  Hubs is on vacation next week (yay!) and our July and first part of August is filled with the craziness that is camps, weddings and family visits...so you may not here from me here until the end of August or beginning of September (all this craziness means less time for reading anyway...wah wah!).  It also depends on when I restart potty training after the summer calms down (round one didn't go so well!)  So take heart, readers....I will be back as soon as I can find time to sit down at the computer for longer than 5 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this quote! Have a great summer girl!

    ReplyDelete