Friday, October 14, 2011

Library picks

 "Why do we remember faces but not names?"
-Joseph T. Hallinan, Why We Make Mistakes, back cover

I thought it would be fun to let you know what I picked up from the library this week...it'll be a nice little change of pace.  I hope to blog from some of these things, but even if I don't the titles and/or descriptions might catch your eye and you could check out the books yourself.

Mommy's Pick:  

Why We Make Mistakes: How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, and are All Pretty Sure We are Way Above Average, by Joseph T. Hallinan.  I was honestly looking for Bill Bryson's At Home, but someone still has it checked out...so I perused the aisle until I stumbled upon this one.  It was shelved near some of Malcom Gladwell's books, so it can't be too bad.  I think it'll remind me of a Radio Lab episode with it's emphasis on science and human behavior.  I'm hoping to write a post on this one...or at least be a better conversationalist.

The Daughter's Picks (ok...I really pick them at this point.  But I think she'll enjoy them anyway):

Curious George: Parade Day.  Who doesn't love Curious George?  I actually said, "Daddy will like this one," out loud when I picked it up.

Say Goodnight by Helen Oxenbury.  I really enjoy the illustrations of babies in her books...they are so cute.  Simple, short, sweet with lots of pictures for Daughter to look at.  Win.

I hope everyone has a great weekend with at least one good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment