Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wifey Wednesday: Make 'Em Laugh

"Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh, don't you know everyone wants to laugh?"
-Cosmo, Singing in the Rain

A word of warning: I'm feeling a little goofy today.  So if you want something of substance, I'd suggest checking out the Wifey Wednesday post on tolovehonorandvacuum.com.  It's a great post on why physical intimacy matters to your husband.  I, however, am going to talk about something completely different...having a sense of humor in marriage.

My husband has an amazing, whacked out sense of humor.  It could be because he was pretty much raised on the Golden Girls and Mel Brooks movies.  He has never been a really serious person and I think that is a huge reason why I was attracted to him in the first place (I've got a weird sense of humor too...but mine comes from being raised on Garrison Keillor and Ray Stevens.)  All that to say, it took me a while to get used to his sense of humor and taste in song and entertainment.  However, having an open heart and developing an eye for things that tickle his funny bone have paid off huge dividends.  For us, laughter is the glue that brings us closer when we are in the midst of an argument, after a stressful day or when circumstances are frustrating.   I've committed myself in these last few weeks to make my husband smile or laugh at least once a day.  It could be through a stupid video I send him at work, a brilliant one liner I think of during a conversation, or singing  a related brak tune while making dinner.  These efforts have helped us both rediscover romance and friendship in our marriage!  Laughter truly can be the best medicine.

And on that note, I dedicate this video to my beloved husband.  Without him, I never would've discovered such a travesty.



No comments:

Post a Comment