Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He has Risen!

"How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
and feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He lives!"
-Because He Lives by Bill Gaither

My husband, daughter and I celebrated Easter with both of our families this year.  It was a sweet and precious time, especially Sunday morning.  We dressed her up in a beautiful yellow dress and an Easter bonnet and took her to church with my husband's parents.  I missed the majority of the service since my daughter is at the age where she still needs to nurse frequently (and she likes to chatter!) but I did come back into the sanctuary with her for the closing hymn, which was this song.  I hadn't sang it in years and this verse held new meaning to me as a mother.  As I'm sure I have expressed before, I am a worrier.  With everything going on the world today, I often wonder what life is going to be like for my daughter as she grows older.  It can manifest itself in worrying about her physical health, adolescence, her spiritual life...you name it!  As we sang this verse in church on Sunday, I looked at my daughter laying in her grandmother's arms and was reassured.  God is not dead...far from it!  He is sovereign and working all things for His glory and praise, even if I don't understand it.  And because He sent Jesus to die for the sins of the world and rise again, I can have hope that my daughter can experience God's forgiveness and hope for a future with Him .  It is my prayer that my daughter will come to know that hope at an early age so that she can face uncertainty knowing that God is still working and that "all things work together for the good to those who love God." (Romans 8:28). 

No comments:

Post a Comment